Lefkas Car Hire
Terms and conditions
The rates expressed in EURO are payable in this currency and are to include
• Unlimited mileage
• Local taxes
• CDW 700 for groups A & B – 850 for all other groups and third party insurance
• Additional driver
• Fire protection.
• 24hours Maintenance/replacement in case of breakdown
The rates are not to include and are payable locally:
• Super Collision Damage Waiver (SCDW) (SCDW reduces all car groups excess to 0 euro incl. tax) at a daily basis of 7 euros for groups A & B and for 8 euros for all other groups and is paid by the client locally. Insurance does not cover damage to wheels or tires, windscreen or the underneath of the car and should the renter causes any damage to any of these, the renter will be required to pay the full cost of repairs.
• GPS are available on request for 10 euro per day + VAT 23%.
• Gasoline (petrol) is not included. Cars are delivered with a full tank. Missing fuel upon return is charged to the clients and paid locally by the clients.
• Night deliveries and/or collections (22:00 – 07:00) are charged at 15 euro including local taxes and are payable locally by clients.
• Parking charges and traffic fines
• One way fees.
• Baby seat and booster seat.
These rates will apply (except optional areas) if the channeling of the Principal/ Tour Operator’s business in the areas of Ioannina / Igumenitsa / Preveza / Parga / Sivota / Lefkada / Meganissi / Ithaca, is made exclusively to AVIS for both local and pre-booked rentals.
Pre-booked reservations from abroad must be received by AVIS at least seven (7) days before the clients’ arrivals. Late bookings will be accepted on same terms subject to availability.
No confirmation is required for reservation of car groups A, B, C, D (Automatic Confirmation) but a confirmation is needed for all other groups of cars.
Rates are not subject to commission and/or discount (net).
Other terms and conditions
The minimum age for driving a hired car in Greece is 21 and drivers must have held a full driving license for at least 1 year for groups A, B, C 23 years old for D & 25 years old for all other groups. The client must present a full valid driving license on collection of the vehicle and in all cases a valid card as a deposit
Any rental beginning in low season and ending in High or Vice Versa will be charged pro rata.
Infants are not included in car occupancy numbers
Settlement of AVIS invoices will be made 1 month (one) after the Tour Operator receives respective invoices properly documented.
All cars provided to the TOUR OPERATOR clients, must always be reliable and of good quality. AVIS will ensure that clients will be fully covered by 3rd party liability insurance for death, personal injury, loss, damage to 3rd party properties.
Without prejudice to the generality of the above, agent must always keep in force all insurance cover provided by all relevant legislation / regulations.
AVIS provides guarantee of cars availability at all times. In case that does not have available cars